Nominations for the Annual Brownfield Coalition of the Northeast (BCONE) Brownfield Development Award are now being accepted. BCONE established this award to inspire and recognize an exceptional sustainable redevelopment project in the northeastern United States.
This award will be given to the brownfield development project which, from an overall perspective, has provided the greatest benefit to the municipality and its citizens, with a significant portion of the work being accomplished in 2019. Such projects would be expected to demonstrate sustainable redevelopment through one or more of the following:
- Green infrastructure components,
- Improvement or enhancement of open space or natural resources,
- Improvement of property values,
- Catalyst for other neighboring community improvements, and/or
- Improved resiliency against natural hazards or other impacts.
The winner will be awarded at BCONE’s Northeast Sustainable Communities Workshop (NSCW) on May 5, 2020. BCONE encourage applicants to display a poster of their project at NSCW 2020.
- Submit a one-page project description of your brownfield development Project (project must be located within the Northeast USA including: CT, NY, NJ, RI, MA, eastern PA, or DE). You may also submit digital images, such as before and after photographs (maximum 4 images)
- Due Date – Deadline has been extended to July 6, 2020
- Submit all nominations at >> https://form.jotform.com/200076307758153
Nominations will be accepted and reviewed by the Awards Committee of the BCONE, and final selections will be approved by the BCONE’s Executive Board. The decisions of the Board are final.
Projects will be judged on their use of innovative techniques, positive impact on the environment and community and/or economy, as well as the magnitude of the project and/or its impact.
Preference will be given to projects that have participated in an environmental regulatory program and have received a final regulatory signoff (e.g. Notice of Substantial Completion, No Further Action Letter, or Remedial Action Outcome letter). Because BCONE is a regional organization, we are highly encouraging project submittals from all states in the northeast.
Nominations may be submitted by BCONE Members or their clients, including: an individual, firm, non-profit group, or organization involved in the project or by a third party with sufficient knowledge of the Project.
- Award Presentation will take place at the Virtual Northeast Sustainable Communities Workshop being held July 21 – 22, 2020.
- The winner will receive a commemorative plaque from BCONE.
- The winner will also receive publicity in a BCONE news blast which will highlight their success and showcase their project.
Any questions, please email BCONE President, Rick Shoyer at email@example.com.