- Event Date
- September 13-14, 2022
- Stamford, Connecticut
Registration is Now Open for NSCW 2022!
BCONE is excited to host the 2022 Northeast Sustainable Communities Workshop (NSCW), the Northeast’s FAVORITE brownfield networking and educational event, in-person in beautiful Stamford, Connecticut on September 13th and 14th. This year’s theme is "A New Era for Equitable Development." Come join other passionate environmental professionals and discover a wealth of new ways to increase your value and explode your network, both personally and professionally.
Here's a quick overview of the Conference Session Schedule. In each timeslot, there are two concurrent sessions so you can select the topic that's of most interest to you! For more details, check out the "Schedule" link at the top of the page.
- 9:00 – 10:30am Welcome & Keynote / Hot Topics Plenary Session (1A & 1B)
- 10:45 – 11:45am Concurrent Session 2B – Brownfields Redevelopment State by State
- 10:45 – 11:45am Concurrent Session 2C – Truly Emerging Contaminants and Environmental Insurance Impact
- 11:45am – 1:15pm – Lunch Kenote with CT DEEP Commissioner Katie Dykes & Awards
- 1:15 – 2:15pm Concurrent Session 3A – Tax Credit Incentives
- 1:15 – 2:15pm Concurrent Session 3B: How to Remediate and Redevelop Sites in a Changing Climate
- 1:15 – 3:15pm Concurrent Session 3C – PFAS at Brownfield Sites
- 2:30 – 3:30pm Concurrent Session 4A – How to Monetize a Brownfield with Solar and Storage
- 2:30 – 3:30pm Concurrent Session 4B – ESG for Brownfields Making the Business Case
- 3:45 – 4:45pm Concurrent Session 5A – White Elephants, Brownfields and Green Corridors
- 8:30 – 9:10am Welcome and Opening Keynote
- 9:15 – 10:15am – Concurrent Session 1A – How to Redevelop Equitably: A Focus on Environmental Justice and Town Planning
- 9:15 – 10:15am Concurrent Session 1B – Design and Permitting of Landfill and Brownfield Solar
- 9:15 – 10:15am – Concurrent Session 1C – SoNo Rising: A Tale of a Distressed Neighborhood
- 10:30 – 11:30am – Concurrent Session 2A – Technical Assistance: Community Engagement in Brownfields Redevelopment
- 10:30 – 11:30am Concurrent Session 2B – Evolution of the Brownfield Program in CT
- 10:30 – 11:30am Concurrent Session 2C – Steele Center at Farmington Avenue: “Creating a Town Center”
- 11:45am – 12:45pm Concurrent Session 3A – What’s Happening in the Empire State
- 11:45am – 12:45pm Concurrent Session 3B – Building Better Brownfields: Attracting Sustainable and ESG Investment Capital
- Sponsored Networking Breaks
Throughout the Conference you will have networking breaks that are sponsored by different companies.
- Sponsored Breakfasts
Attendees can enjoy breakfast, courtesy of our Breakfast Sponsors, on both mornings of the Conference.
- Sponsored Lunch Break
Lunch will be held from 12:50 – 2:20pm on Day 1 of the Conference. During lunch we will feature a keynote speaker (to be announced).
- Sponsored Cocktail Reception
Join us from 5:00pm – 7:00pm on the first evening of the Conference for a Networking Cocktail Reception.
- Afternoon Tour of Stamford Brownfield Sites
After the workshop sessions on Day 2, attendees are invited to join us for an afternoon tour of Stamford brownfield sites.
Here's What Past Attendees Have Said
I was impressed that despite the youth of the organization, BCONE has contacts in numerous states and at high levels of environmental organizations.
The presenters were up to date with the very latest information.
The sessions were great, but the post-session networking was probably the best.