Nominations for the Annual Brownfield Coalition of the Northeast (BCONE) Sustainable Redevelopment Award are now being accepted. BCONE established this award to inspire and recognize an exceptional sustainable redevelopment project in the northeastern United States.
This award will be given to the brownfield development project which, from an overall perspective, has provided the greatest benefit to the municipality and its citizens. Such projects would be expected to demonstrate sustainable redevelopment through one or more of the following:
- green infrastructure components,
- improvement or enhancement of open space or natural resources,
- improvement of property values,
- improved resiliency against natural hazards or other impacts.
The winner will be announced at BCONE’s Northeast Sustainable Communities Workshop (NSCW) on June 4, 2019. BCONE may invite applicants to display a poster of their project at NSCW 2019.
- Submit a one-page project description of your Sustainable Communities Redevelopment Project (project must be located within the Northeast USA including: CT, NY, NJ, RI, MA, eastern PA, or DE). You may also submit digital images, such as before and after photographs (maximum 4 images)
- Due Date – April 10, 2019
- Submit all nominations at >> https://form.jotform.com/90834851244156
Nominations will be accepted and reviewed by the Awards Committee of the BCONE, and final selections will be approved by the BCONE’s Executive Board. The decisions of the Board are final.
Projects will be judged on their use of innovative techniques, positive impact on the environment and community and/or economy, as well as the magnitude of the project and/or its impact.
Preference will be given to projects that have participated in an environmental regulatory program and have received a final regulatory signoff (e.g. Notice of Substantial Completion, No Further Action Letter, or Remedial Action Outcome letter). Because BCONE is a regional organization, we are highly encouraging project submittals from all states in the northeast.
Nominations may be submitted by BCONE Members or their clients, including: an individual, firm, non-profit group, or organization involved in the project or by a third party with sufficient knowledge of the Project.
- Award Presentation will take place at the Northeast Sustainable Communities Workshop on June 4, 2019
- The winner will receive a commemorative plaque from BCONE
- The winner will also receive publicity in a BCONE news blast which will highlight their success and showcase their project.
Any questions, please email BCONE President, Steve Jaffe at email@example.com